January 07, 2019
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 5-10 minutes
- 1 whole store-bought rotisserie chicken
- 1 bottle (or can) taco sauce
- Cooking oil
- 1 bag tortilla chips
- 1 can black beans, drained
- 1 can sliced black olives, drained
- 1 package pico de gallo (chopped tomatoes, onions, cilantro and peppers)
- 1 (4-ounce) can diced green chiles (optional)
- 2 cups Mexican shredded cheese
- Sour cream (optional)
- Gallon size zip-top bag
- Large cast-iron skillet and lid (if you don’t have a lid, you can use aluminum foil)
- Prepare chicken at home prior to camping: Pull meat from rotisserie chicken and shred. Put shredded chicken in a zip-top bag. Pour in taco sauce. Massage bag to coat chicken in sauce. Squeeze excess air from bag, seal, and then store in cooler until ready to make nachos.
- To make chicken nachos, start by preparing your campfire (or grill).
- Lightly oil bottom of cast-iron skillet. This will prevent the tortilla chips from sticking to the bottom.
- To the skillet, add an even layer of tortilla chips, chicken, beans, olives, pico de gallo, green chiles (if using) and cheese. Repeat to add a second layer.
- Cover skillet with lid or aluminum foil.
- Place skillet over campfire and cook until cheese is melted, about 5-10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and enjoy straight from skillet, or serve on individual plates. Top with sour cream if desired.
Check here for more easy and delicious Go RVing dinner recipe ideas.