The Super Bowl is quickly approaching ... do you need a quick recipe that is tasty, easy to prepare and will leave your gridiron guests hungry for more?
Give this Camp Chef Venison Street Tacos Recipe a try, a dish that Camp Chef’s marketing director Ryan Neely served up recently to hungry attendees at the annual SHOT Show Industry Day at the Range out in the Nevada desert near Las Vegas.
Judging by how quickly the crowds gathered as the aroma wafted across the spacious grounds of the Boulder Rifle & Pistol Club’s shooting range – and how quickly the piping hot street tacos were snatched up as they came off the Camp Chef Flat Top Grill 600 – this venison recipe will be a sure-fire party hit when you watch the big game with friends and family!
Here’s how to prepare this delicious Super Bowl party recipe, courtesy of Camp Chef:
Venison Street Tacos Recipe
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time 15 minutes
- Venison roast or muscle meat (elk, deer, or antelope), sliced into thin strips or small cubes
- Mild olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Camp Chef Mango Chipotle Rub
- Fresh cut lime
- Street taco sized corn or flour tortillas
- Pico de gallo
- Queso fresco cheese, crumbled
- Cut fine slices or small cubes from a slab of venison muscle meat or roast.
- Sprinkle Camp Chef seasoning over the cut up venison (or you can mix the meat, seasoning, and a small amount of olive oil together in a bowl).
- Place a small oval of olive oil onto a hot griddle, coating the cooking surface evenly. Use a spatula to spread around the olive oil.
- Put seasoned venison onto the griddle, cooking to medium rare as the meat is carefully stirred around to prevent overcooking.
- Quickly brown tortillas on the griddle.
- Assemble street tacos: Top tortillas with venison. Squeeze fresh lime juice over cooked venison. Ladle in desired amounts of Pico de Gallo and top with crumbled queso fresco cheese.
- Serve venison street tacos to guests while warm. Enjoy!
No matter which team you want to see win on Super Bowl Sunday, this super simple and easy-to-prepare Venison Street Taco Recipe is a certain big game winner from the folks at Camp Chef. That will be highly evident as your guests smile, give a thumbs up, and eagerly ask for more!