September 14, 2016
(Photo courtesy of Brandi Goolsby)
- 4 (4- to 6-ounce) tilapia fillets
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning (Creole seasoning may be substituted)
- 3 tablespoons self-rising flour
- 1/2 cup plain yellow cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Lemon (optional)
- Fresh parsley sprig for garnish
Sprinkle fillets with 1 teaspoon seasoning. Combine remaining seasoning, flour and cornmeal. Dredge fillets in flour mixture, shaking off excess.
Melt butter with oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add fillets, and cook 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until fish flakes with a fork. Squeeze juice from lemon over fillets and garnish, if desired. Serve immediately.
You may also substitute tilapia with chicken.
Cajun-Seasoned Pan-Fried Chicken Breasts:
Substitute 4 (8-ounce) skinned and boned chicken breasts for tilapia. Proceed with recipe as directed, cooking 8 to 10 minutes on each side or until done.