August 02, 2016
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
Ready In: 25 Minutes
- 1 cup peanut oil for frying (or as needed)
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3 (6-ounce) striped bass fillets (skinned)
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 (1-ounce) package salt-and-vinegar
- Potato chips (crushed)
- 1 lemon (cut into wedges)
Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Whisk eggs and water together in a bowl; set the egg wash aside.
Sprinkle the bass fillets on both sides with Cajun seasoning and lemon pepper. Dredge the fillets in flour, and shake off any excess. Dip the fillets in the egg wash then dip fillets in the crushed potato chips.
Fry the fish in the preheated skillet until lightly browned, about 4 minutes per side. Serve with lemon wedges.