February 18, 2016
By Raschell Rule, MissHomemade.com
- 2 TBS oil
- 4 oz ground pork or bulk pork sausage
- 1/2 cup chicken livers, pureed
- 1-1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 1/4 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, stem removed, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 TBS dried oregano
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1/2 bunch scallions, green parts chopped
- 2 TBS chopped fresh parsley
Heat oil in large skillet over high heat. When hot, add the pork and pureed chicken livers and cook, stirring, until browned. Add the salt, pepper, chili powder and stir. Do not stir constantly because you want the meat to get crusty from sticking to the pan.
Add 1/4 cup of chicken broth and cook until it is evaporated and allow the meat to get brown and crusty from sticking to the pan.
Add the onion, celery, garlic, jalapeno and oregano and cook, stirring, until vegetables are browned and sticking to the pan.
Add the cooked rice, remaining 1-1/4 cups chicken broth, scallions and parsley. Stir until liquid is absorbed and the rice is heated through.
For an authentic Cajun crawfish boil recipe, visit http://www.misshomemade.com/crawfishboilrecipe.html.