Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
- Pour peanut oil into fryer and heat to 375 degrees. Make sure the turkey is thawed and dried completely before submerging in hot oil.
- Tie two strings completely around the bird so you can lift it out easier. Turn off flame before you lower turkey in the hot oil and when done, turn the burner back on.
- Fry the turkey for approximately 3½ minutes per pound. The turkey will float to the top when it is done.
- Add garlic and cayenne powder to melted butter and brush on turkey.
- Allow to sit for at least 20 minutes before carving.
- When the turkey is done, remove the bird from the oil and immediately dust with Cajun seasoning.
For more wild turkey recipes, visit MissHomemade.com.