January 17, 2022
Browning unveils several X-Bolt hunting rifles at this week’s SHOT Show in Las Vegas, including the X-Bolt Speed and Speed Long Range models.
Here’s a closer look at both models:
Browning X-Bolt Speed Rifle
A true mountain-style rifle with the features for hunters looking for proven performance and accuracy. The sporter contour barrel is fluted and comes in standard barrel lengths to keep the rifle light, maneuverable and easy to carry. The muzzle is threaded M13x0.75 to accept the included radial muzzle brake or thread protector cap. The Browning Recoil Hawg Sporter muzzle brake can also be added. The barrel is free floated for consistent accuracy.
The rifle is chambered many of the most popular hunting cartridges. Barrell lengths vary between 22 and 26 inches based on caliber.
- Versatile Browning OVIX Camo
- Cerakote Smoked Bronze finish protects better than traditional bluing or stainless steel.
- Fluted, sporter contour barrel for the ideal blend of accuracy and weight savings
- Threaded radial muzzle brake reduces felt recoil (thread protector included)
- Weather-resistant composite stock
- MSRP: $1,339.99 - $1,399.99
Browning Speed Long Range Rifle
From hitting a target at more than 1,000 yards away, to setting crosshairs on a trophy buck, the Browning Speed LR has the features and out-of-the-box accuracy to result in confident shots. Built on the most popular X-Bolt rifle ever, the Speed LR has the same winning features and adds a heavy sporter contour barrel for increased long-range accuracy. Barrel fluting reduces the weight of the barrel, increases the exposed surface area of the barrel (reducing barrel heating) and offers a more rigid barrel with less weight.
The barrel is also belled at the muzzle and features 5/8"-24 TPI suppressor-ready threads. This threading also accepts the Browning Recoil Hawg muzzle brake. The action is bedded in the stock to free-float the barrel and ensure consistent accuracy.
The barreled action is protected by a Smoked Bronze Cerakote finish, a superior, non-reflective and corrosion-resistant coating that is more durable than traditional bluing or bare stainless steel.
A lightweight, sporter-style stock keeps weight low and durability high. The included adjustable comb system offers up to 1" of height adjustment to ensure that your eye is placed in perfect alignment with your scope.
Chambered in 11 hunting cartridges. Barrel length of 26 inches.
- Adjustable Feather Trigger
- Free floated barrel, hand chambered with a target crown
- Extended Bolt Handle
- Sporter style composite stock with adjustable comb system offers up to 1" of height adjustment
- Short-throw bolt with 60° bolt lift
- Inflex Recoil Pad
- Bolt unlock button
- Detachable rotary magazine with inline cartridge feed
MSRP: $1,359.99 - $1,439.99
Browning X-Bolt Rifle Features
- Barrel Accuracy: The X-Bolt is free-floated by bedding the front and rear of the action for stability and to help maintain barrel to stock spacing for consistent accuracy. A recessed muzzle crown helps protect the rifling from damage.
- Feather Trigger: The X-Bolt's new three-lever Feather Trigger provides a clean, crisp pull with no take-up or creep and minimal overtravel.
- X-Lock: X-Lock scope mounts feature an all new four screw per base design that replaces the traditional two screw system. The benefits are obvious, with the bases being secured at all four corners
- Inflex Technology: This recoil pad has proprietary construction and material to promote a directional deflection of recoil forces, pulling the stock comb away from your face to reduce felt recoil and muzzle climb.
- Bolt Unlock Button: The bolt unlock button works in conjunction with the top-tang safety to provide an added measure of safety during checking and unloading of the chamber.
- Bolt Lift: Short 60° bolt lift is fast cycling and allows you to work the bolt quickly without the scope getting in the way.
- Rotary Magazine: An all new detachable rotary magazine is incorporated into the X-Bolt. Constructed from a durable lightweight polymer, the magazine is designed to feed cartridges directly in-line with the bolt.