January 18, 2022
One shotgun unveiled by Utah gunmaker Browning at this week’s SHOT Show in Las Vegas is the old-school look Cynergy Over-and-Under scattergun.
With an ultra-low profile receiver, a tan old-school camouflage composite stock, Burnt Bronze Cerakote metal surfaces, an ivory bead, a gold-plated trigger, and a Cynergy Inflex recoil pad, this stack-barrel looks like it belongs in your grandfather's old Herter's duck boat back in the 1960s.
But it sure won't shoot that way, coming in three different 12-gauge models of 26-inch, 28-inch, and 30-inch barrel lengths, all capable of shooting 2 3/4-inch, 3-inch, and 3 1/2-inch shotshells.
With Browning’s Banded Invector-Plus Extended choke system (Full, Modified, and Improved Cylinder choke tubes all come with the shotgun), and a chrome-plated chamber finish, this is a hard hitting modern shotgun with a nod to waterfowling’s classic past.
Whether you’re looking at blizzard bluebills, mallards after an arctic blast, or Canada geese riding the north wind, this shotgun delivers a wallop that even Grandpa would be proud of.
MSRP: $2,499.99 | browning.com
Cynergy Wicked Wing Vintage Tan Specs
- Gauge: 12
- Barrel Lengths: 26”, 28”, 30”
- Chamber Length: 3 1/2"
- Length of Pull: 14 1/4"
- Drop at Comb: 1 5/8"
- Overall Lengths: 43”, 45”, 47’
- Drop at Heel: 2 1/2"
- Weight: 7 pounds, 6 ounces; 7 pounds, 8 ounces; 7 pounds, 10 pounces
- Rib Width: 5/16"
- Stock Finish: Vintage Tan
- Barrel Finish: Burnt Bronze Cerakote
- Receiver Finish: Burnt Bronze Cerakote
- Chokes Included: Full, Modified, Improved Cylinder
- Front Sight: Ivory Bead
- Choke System: Banded Invector-Plus Extended
- Chamber Finish: Chrome Plated Chamber
- Stock Material: Composite
- Barrel Material: Steel
- Receiver Material: Steel
- Checkering: Textured Grip Panels
- Recoil Pad: Cynergy Inflex
- Trigger Finish: Gold Plated
- Trigger Material: Alloy
- Trigger Guard Material: Steel
- Trigger Guard Engraving: Buck Mark in Gold
- Trigger Guard Finish: Vintage Tan
- Choke Wrench Included: T-Wrench