November 13, 2020
A roasted turkey is always delicious and usually the centerpiece on the table at Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner. To ensure a beautifully tender, moist and flavorful turkey this holiday, try this Bourbon-Glazed Holiday Turkey Recipe from Hi Mountain Seasonings.
Yield: 1 turkey
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 3-4 hours + brining time
- First step is to brine the turkey for 24 hours. Take one pouch of the brine seasoning and mix with one gallon of water in a non-metallic bowl. Add six cups of ice to brine and mix. Place the brine bag in a large pot. Place the turkey in the brining bag breast side down. Pour the brine mixture in the bag with the turkey. Place turkey in the refrigerator to brine.
- When brining is complete, remove the turkey and rinse it well with fresh cold water. Pat dry.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Place the turkey on a rack in a roasting pan. Add 2 cups of water to the bottom of the roasting pan.
- Place turkey in the oven and roast for 30 minutes.
- While the turkey is roasting, in a small saucepan combine the brown sugar, bourbon and butter. Heat until melted.
- After 30 minutes at 450 degrees, reduce the temperature to 325 degrees. Brush turkey with glaze. This should be repeated every 15 minutes until the turkey reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees at which time the turkey should be removed from the oven and set to rest for 30 minutes before carving and serving.