November 15, 2016
By Raschell Rule
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20-30 minutes
- 4 moose steaks
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/4 cup grated onion
- 1/2 cup homemade beef broth
- Splash of red wine
- Pinch of white sugar
- 1/4 cup brandy
- Sautéed mushrooms
- To make the steak sauce, melt 3 tablespoons butter in a skillet. Add grated onion and cook until translucent. Add remaining ingredients (beef broth, red wine, and sugar) and simmer until reduced in half. Set aside.
- When the sauce has almost reduced in half, start cooking the moose steaks. In a separate skillet, melt 3 tablespoons of butter over medium heat. Cook the steaks to the desired doneness. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
- In the same skillet you cooked the steaks in, add the brandy and light on fire – letting it stand until the flames go out. Add the sauce mixture and heat to a boil.
- Serve the finished sauce with sautéed mushrooms over the moose steaks. Moose Diane, anyone?
For more moose recipes, visit: MissHomemade.com