December 04, 2017
Slice duck breasts and serve over the balsamic cranberry sauce and a bed of grilled veggies.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
- 6-8 large duck breast half fillets
- 2 cups dry red wine
- ½ cup orange juice
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Add wine, orange juice, balsamic vinegar and sugar to a saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add cranberries and simmer until cranberries soften. Season sauce with salt and pepper to taste. Adjust flavor to suit your own taste. If the sauce is too tart, stir in a little sugar. Too sweet, add a little more vinegar. You get the idea.
- Season duck breasts liberally with salt and pepper. Heat olive oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet.
- Add duck breasts and sear on one side, about 3 to 4 minutes. Flip over to brown other side until breasts are rare to medium-rare.
- Remove breasts from skillet and let stand for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Slice duck breasts thinly across the grain. Spoon a little sauce on each plate and shingle breast slices over sauce.