Substitute the antelope meat for elk or venison.
- 2 pounds of antelope roast, sliced thin
- 2 cups rice (cook as directed on package)
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger minced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup sweet mini bell peppers chopped
- 1 small white onion diced
- 8 ounces of sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 6 green onions chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the antelope and cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
Add garlic, sweet peppers and white onion and cook an additional 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in the water chestnuts.
In a small bowl, combine chicken broth, hoisin sauce, soy sauce and ginger. Add to antelope mixture and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
Reduce heat to low, and simmer for 4 to 5 minutes, or until sauce thickens.
Serve over hot cooked rice. Garnish with chopped green onions.
For more information about this recipe, please visit: http://www.nevadafoodies.com/antelope-stir-fry/