June 17, 2019
Chad LaChance, host of Fishful Thinker TV on World Fishing Network, shows you how to make an easy fishstew. This African-Style Fish Stew Recipe can be made with white bass or any white-flesh fish you have.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- ¾ pound white bass, cut into chunks
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ onion
- 2 ½ cloves garlic
- ½ can diced tomatoes
- Bell peppers, sliced
- ½ can coconut milk
- Lemon juice
- Lime juice
- Dried cilantro
- Green onions, sliced
- To prepare the fish, cut up white bass into chunks. Marinade the fish with lemon juice, lime juice, paprika, cumin and salt. Set aside for approximately 20 minutes.
- Put olive oil in a large saucepan. Add chopped onions and let cook a minute or two. Add a pinch of salt.
- Add garlic, diced tomatoes and sliced bell peppers to the saucepan. Allow some of the liquid from the tomatoes to cook out. Once it does, turn the stove on low.
- Add a half a can of coconut milk, salt and freshly ground black pepper to the pan.
- Add fish chunks and marinade to stew. Stir to mix in the bass; add dried cilantro. Put a lid on the pan and let the fish stew cook for approximately 10 minutes or until the fish flakes apart.
- Once done, turn off the stove. Let the fish stew rest for about 10 minutes (to let the flavors settle).
- Garnish African-Style Fish Stew with green onions and serve. Enjoy!