April 22, 2015
Permitted use provided by: MissHomemade.com
- 1/2 lb. turkey breast fillets
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup crimini mushrooms, sliced (optional)
- 1 cup shiitake mushrooms, sliced (optional)
- 1-3/4 cups homemade chicken broth
- 2 TBS cornstarch
- 1 TBS fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp white sugar
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp dried thyme
- 2 TBS canola oil
Lightly coat the clean grill grates with canola oil and you will need to prepare the grill for medium direct heat.
Meanwhile, in a skillet over medium high heat, add the remaining canola oil with the mushrooms and onions; sautéing for 5 minutes - or until the liquid from the mushrooms has evaporated.
Combine the broth and cornstarch, mixing well until the cornstarch has dissolved. Now add the broth, parsley, sugar, salt, pepper and thyme to the broth mixture and bring to a rolling boil. Stir constantly until thickened. Remove from heat and cover to keep warm.
Lightly brush breast fillets with canola oil and place on the prepared grill. Grill 5-7 minutes, turning twice. Turn over and repeat on the other side and grill until the meat is no longer pink. Serve with the warm mushroom sauce.