January 11, 2018
By Outdoor Edge
Brad Lockwood, joined by Madison and Alyssa from Triple Mag TV, shows you how to make whole-muscle venison jerky at home.
Yield: ½ to 1 ½ pounds venison jerky
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 1 ½ to 2 hours
- 1-3 pounds venison jerky
- Hi Mountain Seasonings Jerky Cure & Seasoning Kit
1. Slice venison into strips.
2. In a large container, combine venison strips with cure, seasoning and water. Mix well.
3. Put jerky into vacuum bag. Vacuum seal bag and then let marinate in refrigerator for 24 hours.
4. Place marinated venison slices into smoker and smoke at 200 degrees for 1 ½ to 2 hours.