White Bass Maître D'hôtel Recipe
This white bass recipe pairs perfectly with the maître d'hôel sauce
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
- 3 pounds white bass fillets
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 lemon, cut in wedges
- ½ cup butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh tarragon or ½ teaspoon dried tarragon
- 2 ½ teaspoons salt
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
1. Season fillets with 2 teaspoons salt and 1 teaspoon black pepper.
2. Place in a single layer in a broiling pan or baking dish. Cook under the oven broiler, 6 inches from heat, 5 minutes or till slightly brown.
3. Turn and heat 3 to 5 minutes more, until fish flakes when fork-tested.
4. Serve on a hot platter with sauce on top.
5. To make ½ cup of Maître d'hôtel sauce, melt butter in a saucepan, and stir in parsley, tarragon, salt and white pepper.
6. Beat in, drop by drop, the lemon juice. Use at once.