Permitted use provided by: MissHomemade.com
- 2 to 3 lb venison roast
- 1 (10.5oz) can homemade condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup cabernet wine
- 1 TBS beef bullion granules
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 tsp oregano
- 1-1/2 tsp basil
- 1 TBS homemade hot sauce, optional
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 5-7 potatoes, cut in quarters (optional)
- mushrooms, optional
- bay leaf (optional)
- carrots, cut in half (optional)
- 1/3 cup cabernet wine
- 3 TBS cornstarch
Heat the slow cooker on high and spray with vegetable oil.
In a large bowl, mix the condensed soup, 1 cup cabernet, beef bullion, garlic, oregano, basil, hot sauce, onion and fresh mushrooms.
Place the roast in the bottom of the crock pot and pour the wine mixture over the meat. You can place the potatoes and carrots around the outside of the roast.
Cook on high for 5-6 hours. Bring the meat out and mix 1/3 cup of wine and the cornstarch together. Whisk it into the sauce that the tenderloin was cook in, and stir until it thickens. Serve with the cabernet sauce.
Tried this recipe? Share your comments below using Facebook!