This Louisiana-inspired stuffed pepper dish is made with ground venison and crawfish tails
By: Marsha Schearer
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 35 minutes
- ½ pound ground venison
- 1 pound boiled crawfish tails
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons Creole seasoning
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 6 red bell peppers
- 1 cup shredded yellow cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Heat 2 tablespoons butter in a skillet over medium heat. Cook ground venison until browned.
3. Add onion, celery and garlic. Cook until onion is translucent.
4. Next, add in the remaining butter, crawfish, Creole seasoning and breadcrumbs. Stir everything together and turn heat to low.
5. Cut the tops off of the bell peppers and remove all seeds from the inside. Stuff each pepper with the venison/crawfish mixture. Place in an oven-safe glass dish and bake for 20 minutes. Remove peppers and sprinkle cheddar cheese over each pepper. Place back in oven and bake for another 5 minutes.