Bacon lovers will really enjoy this hearty chowder that's a snap to prepare
- 2 cups smoked trout; flaked
- 1 bottle clam juice or fish stock; 8-ounces
- 2 cups Yukon potatoes, peeled and cubed small
- ½ cup corn
- ¼ cup cooked bacon
- ½ cup red onion chopped
- ½ cup sweet onion chopped
- ¼ teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dry thyme
- 2 teaspoons buffalo hot sauce
- 2 cups half and half
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives garnish
- Black pepper, sea salt, and Old Bay seasoning to taste
Render bacon in deep pot until crispy, remove bacon. Add onions, garlic, thyme, to bacon fat, cook 6 minutes.
Add clam juice and potatoes. Bring mixture to a boil and reduce heat. Simmer 15 minutes, until potatoes are tender.
Add corn, half and half, bacon, hot sauce and zest, stir mixture. Add trout and simmer 15 minutes.
Season with salt, pepper and Old Bay, and garnish with chopped chives.
Serve and enjoy.