Trout Cakes with Lemon
Tangy trout cakes make it easy to please everyone at the table
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
- 1½ cups flaked trout (smoked optional)
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 2 teaspoons coarsely chopped capers
- ½ teaspoon grated lemon peel
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg beaten
- ¼ cup whipping cream
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs pulsed in blender
Combine trout, onion, lemon peel, pepper and salt. Stir in ½ of the bread crumbs, egg and cream.
Form into 8 cakes.
Place remaining bread crumbs in a shallow plate then roll cakes in the crumbs.
Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in skillet. Cook until golden brown, 3 minutes on a side.
- 1 cup sour cream
- ⅛ cup chives
- 2 tablespoons fresh grated horseradish
- ⅛ teaspoon paprika
- 1 clove garlic minced
- Salt and pepper to taste