August 07, 2017
You can use venison or pork bacon in this recipe. I prefer to use pork because it is so juicy. To me, it is important to balance the leanness of the venison with good, juicy bacon for flavor.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 4-5 hours
- 2-3 pounds venison backstrap, cut into 3/4-inch strips
- 2 packages bacon (pork or venison)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- ⅓ cup light brown sugar
- Toothpicks or kitchen string
- Brush venison backstrap pieces with oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Wrap each backstrap piece with a slice of bacon and secure with a toothpick or kitchen string. Add an even amount of garlic and brown sugar to the top of each backstrap piece.
- Place wrapped venison into slow cooker and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until done. Cooking time may vary depending on the brand and size of your slow cooker.
- Serve with seasoned potatoes, green beans or your favorite veggies. Enjoy!
For more venison recipes by Hannah Walton, visit: EatPrayBowhunt.com