August 22, 2010
Permitted use provided by: MissHomemade.com
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp homemade garlic powder
- 1 tsp homemade onion powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup spinach, cooked and chopped (or small box of frozen chopped spinach)
- 2 cups Co-Jack cheese (Colby and Monterey Jack), shredded
- 1 cup cooked perch fillets, cut into chunks
- 1 cup imitation lobster or crab (optional)
- 9 inch homemade pie crust, or frozen Ritz pie crust
PREHEAT oven to 350 degrees.
Poke entire pie crust with a fork to prevent the crust from bubbling, and bake for 10 minutes or until lightly browned; set aside. Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees.
Beat the eggs and add the heavy whipping cream, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. Whisk well. If the spinach is frozen, thaw and squeeze all of the water out of it. Add the spinach, lobster and cheese; mixing by hand. Pour into shell and bake for 60 minutes to 70 minutes. You may want to put foil on the crust edge to prevent it from burning.
Cool for 10 minutes to finish setting and serve. The possibilities are endless with this versatile recipe. Use bacon, broccoli and any other type of fish. You can also freeze this and reheat in the oven.
For more recipes, visit: MissHomemade.com
Tried this recipe? Share your comments below using Facebook!