Salad Provencal with Tuna, Olives and Red Potatoes Recipe
Add color to your plate and get a variety of vitamins in with this delicious tuna salad provencal recipe
- 12 ounces baby red potatoes, scrubbed and sliced
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces green beans, trimmed
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 small shallot, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, torn
- 1 bunch (about 8) radishes, quartered
- 1/3 cup Kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
- 2 cans (5-ounces) good-quality tuna in olive oil, drained
- 1 head butter lettuce, leaves torn
In shallow 2-quart microwave-safe baking dish, combine potatoes, water and 1/8 teaspoon salt. Cover with vented plastic wrap and microwave on high for 5 minutes. Uncover and add green beans. Cover again and microwave on high for another 5 minutes, or until potatoes are tender. Drain liquid and allow to cool completely.
Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk oil, vinegar, mustard, pepper and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Stir in shallot and basil. Add potatoes, green beans, radishes, olives and tuna to bowl. Gently toss to combine. Can be made ahead and refrigerated in airtight container overnight.
To serve, divide lettuce among 4 plates. Top with mixture from bowl.