Reopening Waters in the Gulf of Mexico
NOAA has a number of methods for the public to obtain information or be notified when there is a change to the closed area:
- Sign up to receive Southeast Fishery Bulletins by e-mail at SERO.Communications.Comments@noaa.gov.
- Call 1-800-627-NOAA (1-800-627-6622) to hear a recording of the current coordinates in English, Vietnamese, and Spanish.
- Listen to NOAA Weather Radio for messages about the closure.
- Receive text messages on your cell phone about changes to the closed area by texting fishing@gulf to 84469 (visit //www.deepwaterhorizonresponse.com/go/doc/2931/558107 for more information).
- Follow us on Twitter: @usnoaagov to get a tweet when the closed area changes.
NOAA's mission is to understand and predict changes in the Earth's environment, from the depths of the ocean to the surface of the sun, and to conserve and manage our coastal and marine resources. Visit us on Facebook.