Permitted use provided by: MissHomemade.com
- 4 lb wild boar roast, halved to fit in crock pot
- 1-3/4 cups homemade ketchup
- 1/4 cup homemade brown sugar, or to taste
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 TBS dry mustard
- 1 TBS lemon juice
- 1 TBS apple cider vinegar
- 1 TBS Liquid Smoke
- 1 TBS garlic powder
- 1 TBS onion powder
- 2 tsp celery salt
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp homemade worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 3 drops homemade hot sauce, or to taste
Spray a large crock pot with vegetable oil and add the roast. Whisk the remaining ingredients together and pour over the top.
Cover, and cook on low until the meat shreds easily with a fork, about 7 hours; 8 to 10 hours on high if frozen. If you find that the meat is dry, add more of the beef broth.
Shred, and serve on toasted rolls with homemade mayonnaise, slice of provolone cheese and coleslaw.
Tried this recipe? Share your comments below using Facebook!