Pan Seared Cod with Herbs and Lemon Recipe
Light and fresh, this cod is pan seared while it cooks in a lemon garlic butter sauce
This flavorful way of making pan seared cod is a favorite of ours. It cooks in a delicious garlic and onion sauce seasoned with our Amore blend. The addition of fresh lemon juice and parsley adds a bright pop of flavor that brings this dish to life.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
- 2 tablespoons ghee (clarified butter)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup Vidalia onion, diced
- 1 whole lemon, juice only
- 2 (4-ounce) fillets wild cod
- 1 teaspoon Primal Palate Amore
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- ¼ cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
1. In a large stainless steel skillet, warm one tablespoon of ghee and one tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat.
2. Add the garlic and onion, and sauté until the onion is translucent, about 4 minutes.
3. Add the lemon juice, and stir to combine. Turn the heat down to medium low.
4. Add the amore seasoning to the sauce and stir to combine.
5. Preheat the oven to bake at 350 degrees.
6. In a smaller skillet, heat the remaining tablespoon of ghee over medium heat.
7. Once the ghee is hot, add the cod filets, and sprinkle the top with salt. Turn the heat down to medium.
8. Allow the cod to cook for about 5 minutes, flip, season the other side with salt as well as pepper, and cook for a remaining 3-5 minutes.
9. Pour the sauce over the cod, and then place the cod in the oven to bake for 5 minutes.
10. Remove the cod from the oven once it has finished cooking, and top with the chopped parsley, and thinly sliced lemon if desired. It will be cooked through when it flakes easily. Serve over a bed of lettuce.
For more recipes using Primal Palate seasonings, click here.