PAA Releases 2010 Tournament Schedule
The 2010 PAA Bass Pro Shops Tournament Series schedule from the Professional Anglers Association is finalized, with the four-tournament series taking place July through October with stops stretching across the south.
All four events will be three competition days with three days of official practice. The Wednesday prior to competition will be an off day and include registration activities at Bass Pro Shops. Each event will have a 30 day off-limits period prior to the start of official practice periods.
"The 2010 PAA Bass Pro Shops Series schedule is final," said PAA President John Crews. "We were able to eliminate conflicts with any major tournaments and will go to lakes that are close enough to everybody's favorite Bass Pro stores. The mix of new and well-known lakes is exciting. Lots of fish will be caught on these lakes when the best anglers in the world show up."
The PAA will also be offering some innovative opportunities to get the general public and amateur anglers involved in PAA competitions. Observers will have chances to win prizes based on their pro's performance, as well as a chance to compete in an all new Pro-Am format on Saturday.
Details of both exciting programs will be announced in the coming weeks.
2010 PAA Bass Pro Shops Tournament Series Schedule:
- July 8-10, 2010 Lake Cherokee Morristown, Tennessee
- August 12-14, 2010* Lake Norman Charlotte, North Carolina
- September 9-11, 2010 Lake Tawakoni Garland, Texas
- October 14-16, 2010 Table Rock Lake Branson, Missouri
*In order to accommodate anglers competing in the Forrest Wood Cup, Lake Norman Official Practice will begin Monday (8/9/10) instead of Sunday, with no off day prior to competition.
Registration Dates Registering Parties
- February 22-26, 2010 Priority Entry 1: All Anglers in the Top 100 of the 2009 Carrot Stix PAA Tournament Series Point Standings who register for all four 2010 PAA Bass Pro Shops Tournament Series events
- March 1-5, 2010 Priority Entry 2: All Anglers on the 2009 PAA Tour Points Standings who register for all four 2010 PAA Bass Pro Shops Tournament Series events
- March 8-10, 2010 Any Angler wishing to register for all four 2010 PAA Bass Pro Shops Tournament Series events
- March 15-19, 2010 Any Angler wishing to register for individual 2010 PAA Bass Pro Shops Tournament Series events
$2,500 per event (4) with a $750 deposit per event
- 30 day off-limits before first practice day (no info and not on water)
- 3 day official practice (Sunday- Tuesday)*
- 1 off day (Wednesday) for registration and other activities*
- 3 day tournament (Thursday- Saturday)
- Full field on first 2 days
- Top 30 fish the final day to weigh in at Bass Pro Shops store
- Pro only - must be a TOUR level member of PAA to fish any tournament in 2010 - anglers can become a TOUR level member of PAA upon registering for the Series events
- Member Observers all three days
- 150 boat full field
* In order to accommodate anglers competing in the Forrest Wood Cup, Lake Norman Official Practice will begin Monday (8/9/10) instead of Sunday, with no off day prior to competition.
- 1. ($10,000 cash & prize boat) $50,000
- 2. $20,000
- 3. $15,000
- 4. $13,000
- 5. $12,500
- 6. $12,000
- 7. $11,500
- 8. $11,000
- 9. $10,500
- 10. $10,000
- 11 - 14. $6,750
- 15 - 30. $6,000
- 31 - 50. $5,500
Big Bass Award: $1,500 ($500 per day)
The Professional Anglers Association is a non-profit organization that gives professional anglers a unified voice in order to aid in the growth of the sport of professional bass fishing. The PAA also aims to administer educational programs to the average angler, to increase enjoyment of the sport, and to embrace sound conservation practices to further the future of the sport. For more information, visit www.FishPAA.com.