January 26, 2010
LAS VEGAS, NV - New for 2010, Thompson/Center introduces an all-new rifle, made exclusively for youth hunters and shooters, called the Hot Shot. OutdoorChannel.com stopped by the TC booth to learn more about this new product.
The Hot Shot is a .22 caliber rifle, designed to look just like dad or mom's T/C rifle. The aim for this rifle is to get kids started shooting and hunting young and with a real rifle. The Hot Shot is not a toy gun, it is a real rifle, and as such, should be used under adult supervision. The Hot Shot is styled after TC's popular Pro Hunter, and has features specifically for youngsters. These features include
- 19" barrel
- Weight of 3 pounds
- Blued barrel
- Auto safety - the gun is always on safe until the hammer is cocked into position
- Very simple design and simple ease of use. This allows for the young shooter to get comfortable with the rifle and have more fun out in the field!
- The barrel is precision rifled, helping accuracy, and helping the young shooters to have more fun in the field!
- Peep sight so target acquisition is easy and fast for the young shooter
- Gun has been pre-drilled for scopes
The Hot Shot comes in different stock finishes also - composite stock in Realtree AP Camo, black composite, and Pink Realtree AP Camo. TC Arms offers a lifetime warranty on the Hot Shot as well. This was a great looking rifle, great size for youngsters, and hopefully will get the younger generation in the field, outdoors, and having fun. I wish I had one when I was little! For more information about the Hot Shot and other T/C products, visit their website.
Stay tuned to OutdoorChannel.com for continuing coverage on SHOT Show 2010, with videos, product articles, and pictures.