March 25, 2021
NSSF Note: We are pleased to post the latest of our occasional Q&A features with an elected official who supports hunting and the shooting sports. NSSF thanks U.S. Representative Kat Cammack (R-Fla.) for agreeing to talk with us.
1) Who introduced you to hunting and the shooting sports?
I grew up on a cattle ranch where firearms were a part of our everyday life.
2) What was your most recent shooting sports/hunting experience?
A couple weeks ago, I visited the Bradford County Sportsmen’s Farm and their skeet shooting range where I shot skeet and shot a few rounds with my Benelli Super Black Eagle II.
3) Describe your favorite shooting sports or hunting activity.
Skeet shooting is definitely my favorite! I shot an M249 SAW recently and look forward to doing that more often!
4) Which piece of pending legislation related to the firearm industry is particularly important to you and why?
The Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act (H.R. 38) – gun rights are women’s rights and as I travel across the country, it’s important to be able to protect myself, my family and my team.
5) What do you see as the challenges and opportunities for hunters and shooting sports enthusiasts?
I look forward to pushing back against the gun grabber bills, upholding the Second Amendment and reducing regulations to make ammo more readily available.