February 14, 2018
BUFF, which is short for bufanda and Spanish for scarf, started in 1991 while founder, Joan Rojas an avid motorcycle rider, began seeking a solution to protect his neck and head while riding on his cross-country excursions. Pulling from his knowledge of tubular knitting, he created the first BUFF headwear product. His focus was on the best craftsmanship and quality, and he tested his first BUFF while traveling the length of the Pyrenees. Then, BUFF was born. Unfortunately, Joan passed this year on the 7th of January after a courageous battle with cancer at the age of 71.
BUFF Microfiber Polar Hat
The BUFF Microfiber Polar Hat is perfect for those cold days on the water. (Gary Elliott photo)
While hunting this year I wore my black BUFF Microfiber Polar Hat. I must say at times my head was sweating, it was so warm. I was very impressed with this hat, and it does have a liner that destroys bacteria which in turn helps scent control.
- Soft polyester microfiber performance fabric exterior
- Warm, wicking poly fleece inner layer
- Polygiene microfiber fabric treatment helps control odors
- Lightweight thermal performance: 32f - 68f
- Moisture-wicking, quick-drying, breathable
- One-size-fits-all adults
BUFF Mossy Oak Balaclava
The Buff Mossy Oak Balaclava will be a great addition to my spring turkey arsenal. Unlike some face coverings, the balaclava tucks down into your shirt, assuring full coverage. It also has odor control, which is incredibly helpful when hunting deer and other animals that can pick up scent.
- UPF 50 protection
- Soft, breathable Coolmax Extreme fabric
- Minimal seams for fit and comfort
- 4 ways to wear
- Polygiene Active Odor Control
- Contoured fit at neck and shoulder areas
- Flat lock construction
- Laser cut holes in nose and mouth areas
- Thermal protection from cold & wind
- 2-way lateral stretch
What separates the MXS Gloves from majority of other types of gloves is the touch-screen compatibility. (Gary Elliott photo)
The mid-weight MXS Gloves protect my hands on chilly days while fishing in my kayak. With UPF 50+, I know my hands will be protected from the damaging UV rays. This mid-weight glove will keep the chill off and The stretch fabric dries fast to keep my hands dry and warm. Also, should I need to access my phone while out on the water, the fingertips are touchscreen compatible.
- UPF 50+ ultimate UV protection
- Full finger length
- Breathable and durable stretch fabric
- Naturally contours to your hand
- Wet/dry silicone grip palm
- Longer cuff for UV protection
- Easy-on wrist pull
- Stripping guards
- Welted seams for reinforcement
- Touchscreen compatible
For more information on BUFF wear go to www.buffusa.com.
Review written by Gary Elliott, facilitator of www.Facebook.com/GarysOutdoorNewsandReviews and @garys_outdoor_news_and_reviews.