ATA Show: New Archery Gear for 2019
If you love archery, bowhunting and all the complementing gear, the second week of January is just like Christmas 2.0. January 10-12, to be specific, in Louisville, Ky., is when and where it will all go down.
The annual Archery Trade Association (ATA) show is the bowhunting industry’s largest and longest-running trade show worldwide. Every year the event brings together all organizations that contribute to the archery industry. It’s a very exciting time to witness new products being unveiled for the incoming year.
Bowhunting certainly requires bows and arrows, but the list of gear that could make your life easier and more enjoyable is quite extensive. Veteran bowhunter or novice just getting started, the following should pique your interest.
Xtorsion arrows were forged out of the Victory Archery’s pursuit to create an arrow with extreme impact force — something tough enough to hunt even the most dangerous game around the world, yet stay straight shot after shot. By encapsulating layers of 304 stainless steel within high modulus carbon fiber, the engineers created an arrow that fits the bill.
- Features 90-degree woven carbon fiber for more compressive strength
- Far less susceptible to bending
- Whisper quiet during flight
- Small diameter arrow that boasts extreme kinetic energy and unbelievable penetration
The MarXman was designed to withstand thousands of shots, with the kind of mobility that makes it ideal for all kinds of hunting and shooting situations. The target features six-sided shooting with various shooting sides designed to extend target life. High contrast graphics are easy to see, enabling focused shooting.
- Patented bonded high-density foam core
- Crossbow approved
- Two open window sides can be used for broadhead tuning
- Easy arrow removal
- Built-in carry handle for easy mobility
- Measures 17x17x15 inches
- Weighs 28 pounds
Gold Tip’s new Black Label arrows go beyond straightness standards to achieve near perfect flight and accuracy. Every arrow is laser-sorted at multiple points along the shaft to assure straightness, not just in one spot. Add renegade graphics to match Gold Tip’s renowned toughness and you get an arrow that not only looks the part, but performs as well.
- +/- .0025 inches of straightness tolerance
- +/- 0.5 grain weight tolerance
- Multiple laser full-shaft straightness sorting
- Included FACT Weight for customizable FOC
- Smart Carbon Technology — pure carbon, no fillers
- Available only from authorized archery pro shops
With a built-in rangefinder, the Oracle instantly provides the exact distance to the target with an exact aiming point. The sight eliminates the guesswork to build confidence and ensure extended accuracy for any archer or bowhunter. By simply zeroing the sight at 20 yards, and two farther distances, the Oracle learns your trajectory curve. The rangefinder is activated via an included button that is placed on the grip of your bow in a comfortable, unique location.
- All aluminum construction
- Locking mirco adjustment knobs
- No glass to glare, scratch or fog, laser is reflective out to 500 yards
- 20-yard fixed pin (failsafe)
- Second and third axis adjustments
- Powered by CR123 that is good for up to 2,000 activations
- Operating temperature -10F to 140F and storage temperature -40F to 158F
Take scent management and organization on the road with you during your next hunt. The Scent Crusher Travel Closet — smaller brother to the company’s already wildly successful Hunter’s Closet — provides an easy and effective way for hunters to eliminate odors on clothing and equipment in a convenient portable closet. The digital generator emits chemical-free ozone that destroys odors within 30 minutes. The Travel Closet is great for basements, garages and hunting camps.
- Includes carry bag
- Measures 69x22.5x20 inches
- Heavy-duty liner and zippers
- On-demand activated scent killing technology
- Easy to assemble and disassemble
- 2-year warranty/5-year generator warranty
Every bowhunter has been there before. When the shot didn't hit where initially intended, having confidence is tough to attain. Gut Check has introduced arrow wraps that create a scientific reaction indicating if you hit guts or not. Upon coming in contact with the animals digestive tract, the Gut Check indicator will change to dark brown.
- Digestive tract acid changes indicator color
- Highly reflective and shows blood
- Patented and made in U.S.A.
- Applicable with arrows and crossbow bolts.
- Will not affect arrow or bolt flight
- Technology also available in reactive wipes
The 100-percent synthetic powder-based Dominant Buck (yellow bottle) can be used all year long by whitetails as a means of communication. The Rut version (red bottle) is a formula designed to be used during the pre-rut, rut and post rut periods of a deer’s breeding cycle. When used in conjunction with the Dominant Buck scent, you can doctor mock and real scrapes to encourage daytime activity. All of this without the messy liquids.
- Scent is infused at the molecular level with organic compounds that whitetails can’t resist
- When the powder is dispensed, it keeps distribution of scent to a minim to encourage deer interest and retention without overpowering the area with too much scent
- Scent will never breakdown or change, and will continue to work for weeks after initial application.
- Clip and carry convenience, no messy liquids
- Ideal for use around the rut and in conjunction with decoys