January 01, 2013
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15-20 minutes
- 1 ½ pounds white fish fillets, thawed if frozen
- ½ teaspoon homemade taco seasoning
- 1 cup homemade pico de gallo (a must)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ to ¾ cup crushed tortilla chips
- Guacamole (garnish)
- Black olives (garnish)
- Sour cream (garnish)
- Jalapeños (garnish)
- Lime wedges
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
2. Rinse the fillets well and pat dry with paper towels. Lay fillets side by side in the prepared baking dish. Squeeze lime juice over the fillets and sprinkle with taco seasoning. Salt and pepper to taste.
3. Bake for 10 minutes, and take out of the oven. Cover fillets with pico de gallo (or salsa, if you wish). Sprinkle with freshly grated cheddar cheese and top with crushed tortilla chips. Bake for another 5 to 10 minutes or until the fish is cooked and flakes easily with a fork.
4. Plate the fillets and garnish with guacamole, black olives, sour cream, jalapeños and lime wedges. Serve with homemade Spanish or Mexican Rice.