Megabass Vision 110 + 1
For a number of years the MEGABASS VISION 110 has been the best kept secret of many pro anglers... with it's irresistible action, unmatched casting distance and almost unbelievable patterns and paint finishes the VISION 110 has filled many a livewell and won many tournaments. For anyone who has ever thrown a jerkbait, once you throw a 110 it's very hard to throw anything but. The thing above all else that makes the VISION 110 so good is the super erratic actions that could be imparted to the bait with almost negligent effort. Whether you wanted to walk the dog underwater with wide left to right sweeps or snap jerk the bait, making it turn 180 degrees to look the game fish in the eye, it is all possible with this bait. Up until now the big down fall to deeper diving jerkbaits is that the lip often got in the way of the action making them act more like a crankbait than a jerkbait... well this is no longer the case! Now I can happily say, with a smirk on my face, here is the VSION 110+1!
The VISION ONETEN + 1 is a mid-range jerkbait designed to increase the depth of the original ONETEN by up to 3ft which can, depending on line diameter reach depths of 7 to 8 feet while casting! The ONETEN+1's medium bill was engineered to eliminate the traditional issues of high water-resistance, fatigue, and deadened darting-action often associated with long-bill minnows.By positioning the line-eye close to the body, water resistance is reduced in order to make it easier to work the ONETEN+1. The ONETEN+1 is finished off with sticky-sharp Katsuage hooks, two internal rattles, and a dual-tungsten Multi-Way Moving Balancer System (PAT) designed to produce superior long-distance castability even in windy conditions.
Aside from the noticeably longer bill on the front end of the VISION 110+1, the bait is engineered as a twin to the incredible shallower running brother the VISION 110. From the downward looking super detailed eyes with Japanese symbols in the pupil, to the available 11 color options (which are sure to expand) the VISION 110+1 is not only a looker, it's a catcher! The color options currently cover anglers in just about any situation with the following tried and true patterns: WAGIN OIKAWA (M), M CHAMPAGNE KINKURO, WAGIN KOMORIN OIKAWA (F), WAGIN SETSUKI AYU, WAGIN GLAXY WAKASAGI, WAKIN AYU, ITO WAGASAKI, M WESTERN CLOWN, SEXY AYU, SEE-THROUGH GLITTER AYU and MATT TIGER.
THE VISION 110+1 is an incredibly versatile bait and can be used from cold water through the heat of summer. The following is a breakdown of a couple of my favorite set ups and techniques that help me put fish in the boat consistently all year round.
- Aggressive rip jerking:
- This technique excels when water temps start to climb and stabilize... when fish are around and need a kick in the pants to bite this technique can catch fish when everything else in your box will go completely ignored... Changing your cadence until the fish let you know what they want will fine-tune the pattern.
Downward strokes will make the bait rip erratically, Upward strokes will make the bait walk with wide side-to-side sweeps.
- Rod: Spinning - 6'3" to 6'10" Medium Power, Extra Fast Action
- Reel: 2500 to 3000 size spinning
- Line: 10 Lb. Power Pro Hi Vis Yellow with a 5 to 7 foot - 14 lb. 100% Fluorocarbon leader
- This technique can be incredibly effective during cold-water temps in the fall, winter and spring. The trolling motor is used to pull the bait at a constant speed and you occasionally rip to the bait to trigger strikes. Long lining with straight fluorocarbon is a great way to stroll and with a bait like the VISION 110+1, the more line you let out, the deeper it will run with depths close to 20 feet possible. This technique is especially lethal when the smelt die off in the spring after their spawn.
- Rod: Casting: 6'8" to 7'2" Medium Power, Fast Action
- Reel: 200 size Low Profile 6.5:1 Gear Ratio
- Line: 8 to 12 lb Test 100% Fluorocarbon
There is no doubt in my mind after fishing the MEGABASS VISION 110+1 that it will be a key weapon in many anglers boxes... when the fish decide to head out a bit deeper after cold fronts or during colder water periods, this bait will give anglers the opportunity to put what they want in their face.With the ever-clearing waters, casting distance is becoming increasingly important and the VISION 110+1 has you covered there as well. Whether you're fishing for Smallmouth Bass
, Largemouth Bass
or even Trout
, the 110+1 will knock them dead!
|Model||Vision 110 + 1|