Mahi-Mahi with Jalapeno Coriander Cream Sauce Recipe
This recipe for Mahi-Mahi is accentuated by a jalapeno coriander leaf (cilantro) cream sauce. The sauce combines the flavor of jalapeno pepper, coriander leaves, garlic, white wine and cream that blend into a rich, mildly spicy sauce. The sauce brings a delicious addition of flavor to most any variety of fish. For the landlubber, it also goes well with grilled or baked chicken.
Mahi-Mahi with Jalapeno Coriander Cream Sauce
Make the Jalapeno Coriander Cream Sauce in advance. (Sauce recipe below)
Mahi-Mahi (Grilled or Baked)
- Dorado Filets
- Olive oil
- Lemon Pepper
- Salt Ground
- Black Pepper
- Pre-heat grill to medium-high heat.
- Coat each side of Dorado fillets or steaks with olive oil, lemon pepper, salt and black pepper.
- Place on hot oiled grill and cook until done. Fish should be cooked through. (Time will vary depending on thickness) usually 5-6 minutes per side.
- Remove from grill Plate and top with Jalapeno Coriander Cream Sauce
- Add sides and serve. (Jalapeno Coriander Cream Sauce goes well with Jasmine Rice).
Jalapeno Coriander Cream Sauce
- 4 cups of Heavy Cream
- 1 ½ cups of chopped coriander leaves (cilantro) or Can substitute with 2 ½ cups of Parsley.
- ¾ cup diced Jalapeno Peppers
- ¾ cup diced sweet onions
- ½ cup white wine (Sauvignon Blanc or Chardonnay work well)
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. flour
- Black Pepper
- In a large pan heat olive oil medium-high and caramelize ½ cup of Jalapeno peppers, onions and garlic.
- Add heavy cream,white wine, and 1/2 tsp. flour stirring well. Cook to reduce liquids in half.
- Stir in coriander leaves and remove from heat. Let stand for about 5 minutes.
- Add remaining Jalapeno peppers and lemon juice.
- Blend in food processor or blender adding salt and black pepper to taste.
Serve over most any variety of fish or chicken or as a dipping sauce.Bon appetite!
Stay Salty My Friends!!!!