September 07, 2016
- 4 (1-pound) whole sea bass, scaled and gutted, heads and tails removed
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 thyme sprigs
- 4 bay leaves
- 2 lemons, 1 cut into wedges, 1 thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Finely chopped parsley, for serving
Light a grill or preheat a grill pan. Season the fish cavities with salt and pepper. Stuff each cavity with a thyme sprig, a bay leaf, and 2 lemon slices. Rub the outside of the sea bass with the olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
Grill the sea bass over high heat, turning once, until browned and crisp and just cooked through, about 7 minutes per side.
Serve right away passing salt, lemon wedges and parsley around the table.