Lemon and Garlic Tilapia
Rushing on a weeknight and need a quick and healthy option for the table? Try out this lemon and garlic tilapia recipe the whole family will love
Serves: 3 to 6
Prep time: 2 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- 3 to 6 tilapia fillets, 6 ounces each
- 6 to 8 cloves garlic, crushed and diced large
- 2½ tablespoons butter (4 tablespoons if no cooking spray)
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 teaspoons fresh parsley (or dried)
- 1 teaspoon oregano (fresh or dried)
- Salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Melt 2½ tablespoons of butter on a low flame in a small sauce pan (the rest will be melted and placed into the pan for baking if no cooking spray is available).
Add garlic and sauté on low for about a minute. Add all but 1 tablespoon of the lemon juice, shut off flame, and remove from heat.
Spray the bottom of a baking dish lightly with cooking spray (or remaining melted butter) and 1 tablespoon of the lemon juice.
Place the fish on top and season with herbs, salt, and pepper. Pour the lemon butter mixture on the fish and top with fresh parsley for garnish.
Bake at 400 degrees until cooked, about 15 minutes (or until semi-golden).