Jerk Rubbed Catfish with Spicy Cilantro Slaw
When looking to add some spice to your dinner, this jerk rubbed catfish recipe brings the heat
For maximum heat, leave the seeds and membranes in the pepper; habanero will be much hotter than serrano. Ever touched your lips or eyes after chopping hot peppers? Avoid those burns by wearing gloves to prevent the pepper's heat from penetrating your skin.
- 3 cups cabbage and carrot coleslaw mix
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons canola mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 - 1 1/2 teaspoons finely chopped habanero or serrano pepper
- Cooking spray
- 4 (6-ounce) catfish fillets
- 4 teaspoons Jamaican jerk seasoning
Combine first 6 ingredients in a medium bowl; toss well to coat.
Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray.
Sprinkle fish evenly with jerk seasoning.
Add fish to pan; cook 3 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Remove from heat.
Serve fish with slaw.