October 06, 2017
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 25-30 minutes
- Small to medium size sugar or pie pumpkins
- Clean and slice meat from the pumpkin rind.
- Cut pumpkin into squares and put in a covered dish.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes at 400 degrees or until pumpkin is very tender.
- Remove and put immediately into a blender and make puree.
- If you do not have access to fresh pumpkins, I have the next best thing! In a medium pan over low heat, heat up the canned pumpkin puree, spices and salt. Heating the pumpkin puree up takes out the "canned" taste of the pumpkin and melds the spices together nicely.
For more pumpkin recipes, visit: MissHomemade.com