Hot Italian Beef Sandwich (Recipe)
Permitted use provided by: MissHomemade.com
- 2-4 lb beef roast (depending on how many your feeding)
- 4 TBS Homemade Italian Salad Dressing Mix (recipe below)
- Better Than Bouillon Beef Base (sold in a jar by the bouillon cubes)
- 16 oz jar Pepperoncini peppers
You will need to fill your crock pot 1/2 full of water (this is for the broth) and add 1 heaping tablespoon of the Better Than Bouillon Beef Base to the water. Mix well and taste it. If it is watered down, add some more of the beef base.
Add the entire jar of peppers to the broth and give it a quick stir or two. Carefully add the beef roast and finally measure out two servings of the homemade Italian Salad Dressing mix and sprinkle over the roast and in the broth.
Cook on high for 6-8 hours or until the roast is falling apart. I place the roast on a platter and shred it with a fork and put back in the broth.
- saute green peppers and onions
- hoagie buns
- mozzarella cheese (or your favorite cheese for melting),
Toast the buns if you wish in the oven and dunk half of the bottom bun in the broth. Fill with the shredded meat, add the sauteed peppers and onion and top with cheese. Place under a broiler until the cheese is melted. Is your mouth watering now? It should be. Also fantastic with mashed potatoes.Homemade Italian Salad Dressing Mix
- 1-1/2 tsp homemade garlic powder
- 1 TBS homemade onion powder
- 2 TBS oregano
- 1 TBS dried parsley
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 TBS white sugar
- 1 TBS kosher salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried celery leaves or flakes
Mix ingredients together and store in a tightly closed container in a cool and dry place.
If you want to make dressing for a salad:
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 TBS water
- 2 TBS Italian Dressing Mix (above)
Shake well and chill the night before you use it.
Tried this recipe? Share your comments below using Facebook!