Hot and Sour Walleye
Here is a tasty fish recipe to try, courtesy of professional fishing icon Bob Izumi and his cookbook
.Marinate: 2 hours Prep time: 20 minutes Cook time: 5 minutes Serves: 4 to 6
- 2 pounds (1 kilo) Walleye
- 1 cup (250 ml) Roasted Pepper Sauce
- 1 cup (250 ml) Breading
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) Seasoning
- Vegetable oil (for frying)
Hot and Sour Sauce
- 1 cup (250 ml) Hot Sauce
- 1 cup (250 ml) Ketchup
- ½ cup (125 ml) Vinegar
- ½ cup (125 ml) Soy Sauce
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) Chopped Garlic
- 1 cup (250 ml) Maraschino Cherry Juice
- Marinate walleye for 2 hours in Roasted Pepper Sauce. Remove and cut walleye into bite-sized pieces.
- Mix bread crumbs and seasoning into a medium in a medium bowl and dredge walleye in the crumbs until coated. Fry fish in hot oil until cooked, for about 5-7 minutes, depending on how crispy you want the walleye.
- While fish is frying, combine all Hot & Sour sauce ingredients in a large bowl. When fish is cooked, toss n the sauce and serve.
For more great fish recipes, check out Bob Izumi's Real Cooking
cookbook. Bon Appetit!