Homemade Seafood Chowder (Recipe)
Permitted use provided by: MissHomemade.com
- 1/2 pound bacon, diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cups peeled potatoes, diced
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 lb scallops, quartered
- 1/2 lb lobster (or crab), chunked
- 1/2 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 lb cod or, chunked
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tsp salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 quart milk
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup cornstarch (if you want it thicker)
- 1/2 can (6oz)evaporated milk
- 1 tsp homemade garlic powder
- 1 tsp homemade onion powder
In a dutch oven or stock pot, fry the bacon and reserve the fat. Drain well and crumble; set aside.
Add the onion and saute until tender. Add the water and potatoes; bring to a boil for ten minutes. Add the seafood and simmer for another ten minutes or until the seafood is cooked.
Add salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder. Stir in the milk and evaporated milk. Add cornstarch if you want it thicker. Serve with crumbled bacon on top.
Tried this recipe? Share your comments below using Facebook!