January 05, 2018
By Raschell Rule
This is an insanely delicious macaroni and cheese recipe from scratch. If you love cheesy, gooey, stringy sauce that wraps around the pasta, you are in for a treat.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
- 2 ½ cups uncooked macaroni or corkscrew pasta
- 2 ½ tablespoons flour
- 1 ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter, cold and chopped into pieces
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup milk
- Cook pasta until tender, drain. Mix all dry ingredients together, set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray a casserole dish with vegetable oil.
- Place half of the cooked macaroni in the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle half of the dry ingredients over the pasta and top with half of the butter.
- Sprinkle 1 ½ cups shredded cheese over the pasta.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 with the remaining macaroni and dry ingredients. Top the macaroni with the remaining cheese and pour milk over all of it.
- Cover with foil and bake for 35 minutes.
- Remove foil, bake for an additional 10 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
For more macaroni recipes, visit MissHomemade.com.