January 05, 2018
This is an insanely delicious macaroni and cheese recipe from scratch. If you love cheesy, gooey, stringy sauce that wraps around the pasta, you are in for a treat.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
- 2 ½ cups uncooked macaroni or corkscrew pasta
- 2 ½ tablespoons flour
- 1 ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter, cold and chopped into pieces
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup milk
- Cook pasta until tender, drain. Mix all dry ingredients together, set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray a casserole dish with vegetable oil.
- Place half of the cooked macaroni in the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle half of the dry ingredients over the pasta and top with half of the butter.
- Sprinkle 1 ½ cups shredded cheese over the pasta.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 with the remaining macaroni and dry ingredients. Top the macaroni with the remaining cheese and pour milk over all of it.
- Cover with foil and bake for 35 minutes.
- Remove foil, bake for an additional 10 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
For more macaroni recipes, visit MissHomemade.com.