Homemade Ground Venison Jerky Recipe
Madison and Alyssa from "Triple Mag TV" join Brad Lockwood to make homemade ground venison jerky
Yield: 1 pound jerky
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 3 hours
- 2 tablespoons Hi Mountain seasoning, any flavor
- 2 tablespoons Hi Mountain jerky cure
- 2 pounds ground venison
1. Preheat the smoker to 150 degrees and turn the smoke generator on for 3 hours.
2. While the smoker preheats, mix together the Hi Mountain jerky seasoning and the Hi Mountain jerky cure in a bowl.
3. Using a mixer, combine the seasoning and curing unit with the ground venison. Add a small amount of water to help blend the seasonings.
4. Grind the ground venison one more time so that it is fine. This will make it easier to use the jerky gun.
5. Fill the jerky gun with the ground venison burger and create individual jerky strips. Place the jerky in the smoker.
6. After 3 hours, remove the venison jerky from the smoker. The jerky will continue to dry after being removed.