January 10, 2010
On the High Lonesome Ranch, the beans speak for themselves. In this video, Rick Browne shows you how to use a dutch oven over an open flame to make a bean medley that will amaze your taste buds. Fire up the grill and get ready to eat!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- 1 cup chopped bacon
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1 can pinto beans, drained
- 1 can baked beans
- 1 can red kidney beans, drained
- 1 can great northern white beans, drained
- 1 can black beans, drained
- 1 can chili beans
- ⅔ bottle BBQ sauce
- ¼ cup mustard
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 3 tablespoons dark molasses
- 2 ½ tablespoons brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ can beer
- Olive oil
- In a large dutch oven, cook bacon and onions in olive oil over high heat.
- While the bacon and onions are cooking, combine all other ingredients into a large bowl.
- Mix the beans and ingredients well.
- When onions become translucent, add beans to the pot and stir, mixing the bacon and onions with the beans.
- Reduce heat to low, cover beans, and cook for 20 minutes.
- Once the beans have simmered, serve and enjoy.