'Hi Mountain' Venison Chili Recipe
The unique seasoning mix removes all the spice guess work from this simple, easy-to-make venison chili recipe
HMS Chili Seasoning turns
the art of making delicious venison chili
into a quick, simple task. (Photo courtesy
of Hi Mountain Seasonings)
- 1 ½ pounds of your favorite meat (a good option is a 50/50 mix of ground lean venison and ground fatty pork or beef)
- 6 tablespoons of HMS Chili Seasoning
- 1 medium onion
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 2 cups of your favorite salsa
- 1 (16-ounce) can of dark red kidney beans (liquid drained)
- 2 (16-ounce) cans of chili beans (pinto beans in chili sauce)
Cook ground venison meat mixture on medium to low heat with diced onion and Hi Mountain Chili Seasoning until the meat is thoroughly browned. Add in the remaining ingredients. Simmer on low heat, stirring occasionally. Simmer at least 30 minutes before serving.
NOTE: During the cooking process, add water to the level of your individual liking for chili.