- In a small bowl, mix together melted butter and minced garlic.
- Cover grill grate with foil and spray with vegetable oil. (You can use a fish grilling basket if you have one.)
- Preheat grill to medium-high. Baste one side of the fillets with the garlic butter and cook for approximately 3 minutes, flip and repeat. Fish is cooked when it flakes easily with a fork and is opaque in color.
- Serve with a side of grilled asparagus and potatoes. Enjoy.
>> Method 2: Foil Packet on the Grill – Camping Approved!
Need an easy way to prepare walleye when you are camping? Try cooking your fish in a foil packet.
- Spray a piece of heavy foil with oil and place walleye fillets skin side down in the center of the foil.
- Spread butter on fillets (or brush with melted butter) and top with another piece of foil wrapping up edges so it is tight.
- Grill for 6 to 7 minutes on each side or until it flakes easily with a fork.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve.
>> Method 3: Stovetop Cooking – Perfect for Fresh Fish!
If you have fresh fillets, you can just cook them in a heavy skillet sprayed with oil, skin-side down.
- Brush walleye fillets with butter or olive oil.
- Spray a heavy skillet with oil and place fillets in the skillet, skin-side down.
- Cook for 4 to 6 minutes on each side or until fillet flakes easily with a fork.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.