Grilled Salmon Sandwich Recipe
Light the grill, because you are in for a treat! A grilled salmon sandwich topped with bacon on a grilled bun; it can't get any better than this.
Ready to make this caramelized salmon sandwich that includes sweet, thick homemade teriyaki sauce? Let's get started.
Grilled Salmon Sandwich
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- 4 rolls, split and buttered
- 4 (6-ounce) salmon fillets
- Vegetable or olive oil to rub fillets
- Arugula leaves
- 8 thick bacon slices, cooked until crisp
- Mix all but the cornstarch and 1/4 cup of water in a saucepan and begin to cook. Mix cornstarch and cold water in a cup and stir to dissolve. Add to the saucepan mixture.
- Heat until sauce thickens. If it gets too thick, add a little water to thin it out. Options: To spice it up, you may add 1 teaspoon of horseradish and 1 teaspoon of Dijon mustard (or to taste) to the sauce if you wish.
- Rub the salmon with oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill the salmon over moderate heat, skinned side down, until lightly browned; approximately 3 minutes. Turn and grill for 3 minutes longer, until the salmon is almost cooked through.
- Grill buttered rolls until golden brown and set aside.
- Turn the salmon again and spread each fillet with at least 1 tablespoon of the teriyaki glaze. Turn and grill until glazed, about 30 seconds. Serve the remaining glaze on the side.
- Place arugula on the bottom bun, and top with 2 slices of bacon. Add the salmon fillet and the top bun.
- This Grilled Salmon Sandwich Recipe is best served with Roasted Potato Wedges (I love these with burgers, fried fish or chicken) or Homemade Potato Salad. The sandwich is also great when dunked in homemade ranch dressing
For more fish recipes, visit: MissHomemade.com