Grilled Marinated Caribou Venison Sirloin Recipe
This simple marinade is great with any antlered venison, although it's hard to beat the delicate flavor and texture of caribou
Prep time: 1 hour 30 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
- 2 ½ cups caribou (or other game) sirloin, trimmed and cut into 2-inch cubes
- ¾ cup olive oil
- ½ cup honey
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ⅓ cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 ½ teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
1. Combine all ingredients aside from caribou into a tight-fitting jar and shake vigorously. Can be stored in the refrigerator for several weeks.
2. Place caribou in a non-reactive container or zip-lock bag. Add marinade, toss and refrigerate for 1-6 hours.
3. Remove from marinade, drain and place on a medium-high, well-oiled grill and brown on all sides, but preferably not past medium-rare (130-135 degrees internal temperature).
For more great wild game recipes, check out Boone and Crockett’s award-winning cookbook.