April 22, 2016
Crunchy cabbage combines with flaky white fish and smoky cumin in this Latin-style dish. Crema is a fresh and creamy sauce that is the perfect thing to cool off the smoky spiced snapper.
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 Tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 3 Tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 teaspoon grated lime rind
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 pounds red snapper fillets
- Cooking spray
- 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
Preheat oven to 425°.
To prepare crema, combine the first 8 ingredients in a small bowl; set aside.
To prepare tacos, combine cumin and next 5 ingredients (through garlic powder) in a small bowl. Sprinkle spice mixture evenly over both sides of fish.
Place fish on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 425° for 9 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork or until desired degree of doneness.
Place fish in a bowl; break into pieces with a fork. Heat tortillas according to package directions. Divide fish evenly among tortillas. Top each with 1/4 cup cabbage and 1 tablespoon crema.