Permitted use provided by: MissHomemade.com
- 4 slices of stale bread, ripped in small pieces
- 1/3 cup milk
- 3 bacon strips
- 2 lbs ground venison
- 1/2 lb ground pork sausage
- 1/2 lb spicy pork sausage
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 tsp homemade garlic powder
- 1 TBS homemade onion powder
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 to 1 tsp homemade red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- 3 cans homemade condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup homemade BBQ sauce
- oil, for frying
PREHEAT oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x13 inch pan with oil; set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, soak the bread in the milk to soften. Fry bacon in a dutch oven, crumble and add to the bread mixture. Add the next 10 ingredients. Roll into bite-sized balls and fry in oil to brown all sides; drain. Place in the prepared pan.
Mix soup and barbecue sauce together in pour into the dutch oven with the bacon drippings. Whisk well and pour over the meat balls. Bake for 40 minutes.
If the sauce does not cover the meat balls, cover with foil while baking. Serve in chafing dish with toothpicks. The meat balls and sauce may be frozen together in plastic bags. To re-heat, place bag in a pan of boiling water.
Tried this recipe? Share your comments below using Facebook!